Selaks BBQ Month
Terms and Conditions – Selaks BBQ Month – Backyard BBQ Makeover
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Selaks BBQ Month Backyard BBQ Makeover (Promotion) form part of the Conditions of Entry.
2. To enter, eligible entrants (see condition 6) must first purchase a bottle of any Selaks branded wine and complete the entry form (see condition 7).
3. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Entry and acknowledges that the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The “Promoter” is Constellation Brands New Zealand Limited (New Zealand Company No: 250695) of 6/46 Maki Street, Westgate, Auckland 0814.
5. The Promotion commences 31st January 2022 at 00.01 (local time in NZ) and concludes on 28th February 2022 at 23:59 (local time in NZ) (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
6. Entry into the Promotion is only open to entrants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
a. who are residents of New Zealand and over the age of 18 years;
b. who are not employees of the Promoter or the Promoter’s associated agencies or companies directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter) and their immediate family members, who are ineligible to participate; and
c. who register their contact details in accordance with condition 7.
How to Enter
7. To enter, entrants must (during the Promotion Period) purchase a bottle of any Selaks branded wine and text BBQ to 4040. Entrants will then receive a link which will take them to an online entry form where they will be required to fill in their full name, contact phone number, the store they purchased the wine at and confirm they are over 18+ years of age. Once all requested details have been completed the entrant is required to submit the form via the submit button. Once submitted a confirmation will appear on the online form to confirm entry. Failure to provide requested details will mean the entry is not valid. The entrant can only enter the promotion once for each bottle of Selaks branded wine purchased. Proof of purchase for each entry will be required if the entrant is the drawn Winner in the Promotion.
There is one major prize of a Backyard BBQ Makeover valued at fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000.00) to be won in this Promotion. The winner has the option of working with the Promoter to organise outdoor furniture and a BBQ up to the value of fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000.00) or to have fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000.00) cash deposited into their bank account (details to be confirmed in writing by the winner). There will also be a daily prize draw for the full length of the promotion (31st January to 28th February 2022). Each daily prize draw prize is a two hundred dollar ($200.00) Selaks Entertainers Pack which consists of 2 x Huski Wine tumblers, 1 x Huski Wine Cooler, a Selaks Wooden Serving Platter and a Selaks Cheese and knife set. There are 29 Selaks Entertainers Packs in total to be won, with an overall value of$5,800.00.
9. The major prize draw take place at 10.00am on Wednesday, 2nd March 2022 and will be awarded in a form to be determined by the Promoter and the Entrant as per clause 8. Each daily prize draw will take place at 10.00am the following day with the first draw taking place on 1st February 2022 and the last draw taking place on 1st March 2022.
10. The major prize-winner for the one (1) Backyard BBQ Makeover prize will be notified by telephone on or after 2nd March 2022 by Constellation Brands NZ Limited, using the contact details provided to the Promoter/store by the entrant at registration and advised that their entry has been drawn. The daily prize winners will be notified on the day of the daily prize draw as per clause 9, with the first Winner notified on 1st February and the last winner notified on 1st March 2022.
11. Should any of the prizes remain unclaimed by a winner/s or the winner/s cannot be contacted by 11th March 2022, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at 10.00am on 14th March 2022.
12. Unless expressly stated otherwise in these Terms, no prize is redeemable for cash, exchangeable, or transferable. Each prize-winner accepts the prize ‘as is’ and acknowledges that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. There will be no compensation in the event that prize winners are unable to use all or part of the prize.
13. All valid claims for a prize and entitlements will be met unless they involve fraud or ineligibility. The Promoter reserves the right, and by their entry into the Promotion each entrant consents to the Promoter exercising this right, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and prize claims. This includes the right to verify that the entrant is over the age of 18 and asking for reasonable evidence of bank details as to where to process any payment. In the event that a winner chooses to be paid the one major prize in the form of cash, the Promoter will not be liable for any incorrect payment or bank details provided to them.
14. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prizes listed. If any of the prizes are unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize or item for a prize or item of an equivalent value.
15. Unless expressly stated otherwise in these Terms, prizes will only be delivered to the winner’s residential address in New Zealand.
Limitation of Liability
16. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
17. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (and its associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents) is not liable to any person for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including (without limitation) personal injury or property damage, suffered as a result of or arising from any person participating in the competition or in connection with winning (or not winning), using or benefiting from the prize.
18. If for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or terminate this Promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with any suspension, modification or termination, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Personal Information and Privacy
1. The Promoter will collect personal information (“PI”) to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, Prize suppliers and, as required, to regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI and by entering the promotion the entrants consent to the use of their information as described.
19. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Conditions of Entry shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision by the Promoter.
20. Any costs associated with entering the competition or associated with the use of the prize are the responsibility of the entrants.
21. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
22. Records of all entries become and remain the sole property of the Promoter.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings or the use of the prize winnings. It is the responsibility of each entrant to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
24. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes a prize-winner’s consent to the Promoter’s use of the prize-winner’s name, likeness, opinions and address for:
(1) any future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, without further payment or consideration or notice; and (2) any disclosure of such information by the Promoter required by law, and it is a condition of entry that in order to claim the prize, prize-winners must agree to execute any necessary consents and releases to effect the foregoing.
25. Prior to receiving a prize and being declared a winner, the entrant will be required to show proof of identity, e.g. passport or driver’s license, and sign a declaration of eligibility and acceptance of these Conditions of Entry as set out below.
26. Any cancellation, suspension or modification to the Promotion will be notified on the Promoter’s website.
27. If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Conditions of Entry shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these Conditions of Entry to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) had not been inserted herein.
28. The Promotion, these Conditions of Entry and all matters arising in relation to the same will be governed by the laws of New Zealand.